For all those who love their kitchen and who would love to keep it organized with all ingredients ready for quick meals, the French door refrigerators are the ultimate destination. The interiors of these refrigerators are exceptionally designed and they never fail to render a host of innovative ideas to keep food and groceries organized.
These refrigerators have so many compartments to store practically everything and have specially dedicated compartments to preserve them separately. Their unique temperature and humidity control systems help to maintain the freshness of food longer and their ice and water dispensers from the front door as added options. Apart from being a dedicated refrigerator, they also serve as the best water purifiers and ice makers as well. Let us discuss the best French door refrigerators from the world’s leading brands here.
Quick Summary: Best French Door Refrigerators 2021
- Best Overall: Frigidaire Gallery FGHB28678TF French Door Refrigerator
- Runner Up: Frigidaire FFHB2750TS French Door Refrigerator
- Editor’s Choice: Haier HRF15N3AGS French Door Refrigerator
- Popular Choice: Frigidaire FFHD2250TS French Door Refrigerator
- Most Trustable: Samsung RF24R7201SG French Door Refrigerator
Also check: Best Side by Side Refrigerators of 2021
Top 5 Best French Door Refrigerators 2021
#1. Frigidaire Gallery FGHB28678TF French Door Refrigerator – Best Overall
|Controls and functionality||9.3|
|Value for money||9.5|
This is an elegant and efficient refrigerator with three doors and with a total capacity of 26.8 Cu.ft. The capacity of the fridge is 18.17 Cu.ft. and the capacity of the freezer is 8.7 Cu.ft. The refrigerator is also equipped with Crisp Seal Drawers and adjustable interior storage is an additional advantage of this refrigerator. The refrigerator is equipped with a crisp seal technology that helps keep humidity under control in these crispers. Thus moisture is maintained to help keep the food items fresh for a long time.
The glide crisper drawers help with effortless functioning and they can be configured in several ways. They can be arranged either side to side or stacked on top of each other to render ease of organization for the users. The genuine filtration system in the refrigerator makes sure that the water and the ice are kept ultra-clean. The filtration system helps remove about 99.3% of lead and 99.9% of cysts that are generally present in the water source.
The Pureair ultra II filters help to keep the air fresh in the refrigerator for a long time. The refrigerator maintains an even temperature throughout to preserve the food items for a long time. The refrigerator can be organized in many probabilities and it features a black stainless steel exterior finishing. It is made up of a smudge-proof stainless steel exterior and is certified by Energy Star.
What do we like about the Frigidaire FGHB28678TF refrigerator?
- The crisp drawers are easy to glide for easy access to fruits and vegetables.
- Adjustable interior storage with even temperature maintenance
- Stainless steel and smudge-proof exteriors with energy star rating
- Water and ice are dispensed after purification.
What do we don’t like about the Frigidaire FGHB28678TF refrigerator?
- The shelves are quite attached to the fridge and when we try to remove them, they break.
Also check: Best Built-In Refrigerators of 2021
#2. Frigidaire FFHB2750TS French Door Refrigerator – Runner Up
|Controls and functionality||9.1|
|Value for money||9.2|
This stainless steel French door refrigerator from Frigidaire features a glossy finish and is smudge-proof. This refrigerator is available in three different color options such as pearl white, ebony black, and black stainless steel. The fridge has energy star certification and thus can help save on the utility bills. The interiors of the fridge are easily customizable as we can remove the drawers and rearrange the shelves in over a hundred ways to store food as per requirements.
The Puresource ultrafiltration system helps to maintain the purity of the water and the ice cubes formed in this refrigerator. Its efficient filters are capable of removing up to 99.9% of heavy metals and cysts of micro-organisms from the refrigerator. It maintains an even temperature throughout the refrigerator to help maintain and preserve the temperature of perishables. The refrigerator is equipped with a second icemaker and thus we can be ready with ice for any occasion instantly.
The edge-to-edge shelves help offers more space to store food items and the drawers also glide out pretty smoothly and extend completely, offering instant and great access to the food items that are present inside. The glass shelves are adjustable, thus rendering a stable platform for the LED light to illuminate the fridge right to the bottom. The fridge features multi-level LED lighting to help with optimal illumination.
What do we like about the Frigidaire FFHB2750TS refrigerator?
- The refrigerator has a corner LED lighting, all through the refrigerator for better visibility.
- Easy to organize shelves and glide crisper drawers
- There is an option for a second icemaker
- Smudge-proof refrigerator with an energy star rating.
What do we don’t like about the Frigidaire FFHB2750TS refrigerator?
- The water from the door dispenser is not chilled.
- The plastic film on the fridge is fastened under its seams and is not removable.
Also check: Best Counter-Depth Refrigerators of 2021
#3. Haier HRF15N3AGS French Door Refrigerator – Editor’s Choice
|Controls and functionality||9.2|
|Value for money||9.4|
This is an excellent French door refrigerator from Haier with stainless steel exteriors. It has a silver glossy finish and has a storage capacity of 15 cubic feet. There are four glass shelves in the main compartment of the fridge, with a crisper at the bottom along with options for door storage. There are also two sliding bottom shelves to helps with ample storage. The best feature of this refrigerator is its electronic temperature controls that help with precise temperature settings in increments of one degree.
Its adjusting glass shelves help to render a stable platform while allowing light to pass through and illuminating all through the bottom. We can remove and rearrange the shelves as per convenience both for cleaning up and to help with flexible storage options. The best part of this refrigerator from Haier is that it renders an extra boost of cold air to rapidly cool the freezer and the fresh food compartments.
The refrigerator has external capacitive touch temperature controls to help with quick and easy control of temperature according to the food under storage. There is a door alarm that is activated when the door is left open. The top and the bottom pocket handles are recessed for a sleek and elegant appearance. There are two full-width freezer drawers with complete extension options, to help with spacious storage.
What do we like about the Haier HRF15N3AGS refrigerator?
- This refrigerator has an excellent design, extremely simple, and is compact
- Long-lasting, clear and bright light illuminates the refrigerator while taking less energy than incandescent lighting.
- Adjustable tempered glass shelves
- Quick cool and quick freeze options to serve urgent requirements.
What do we don’t like about the Haier HRF15N3AGS refrigerator?
- The fridge cannot hold a gallon of milk or large drink bottles.
#4. Frigidaire FFHD2250TS French Door Refrigerator – Popular Choice
|Controls and functionality||9.3|
|Value for money||9.4|
This counter-depth French door refrigerator from Frigidaire has a total storage capacity of 22.5 Cu. ft. and comprises an elegant stainless steel finishing. It fits seamlessly in the existing cabinet of the kitchen and this perhaps is the best feature of this kitchen appliance. The counter-depth design of this refrigerator helps in maximizing the kitchen space and spares about 4 inches of the kitchen floor. Its interior shelves are highly adjustable and they can be customized in more than 100 ways to leave the refrigerator organized.
The crisp drawers are humidity controlled and can be of great help in stocking the vegetables and the fruits expertly. These crisp drawers can either be kept side by side or be stacked on top of one another, leaving the choice to the user in organizing the refrigerator. The edge-to-edge shelves maximize the storage capacity of the fridge and its even temperature systems help to maintain an even temperature throughout the fridge, even at the doors.
The genuine filtration system of this fridge helps in offering ultra-clean and pure water and ice, that are free from all impurities. The refrigerator is certified by energy star for efficiency and its elegant and stainless steel design helps in adding a new elegance to the kitchen. Its LED lighting helps in keeping its contents visible.
What do we like about the Frigidaire FFHD2250TS refrigerator?
- The counter-depth refrigerator renders a streamlined look along with the cabinets in the kitchen.
- The temperature management system has a multi-flow air system and electronic controls to help keep food items fresher and longer.
- There are four spill safe shelves to helps prevent spills and to load flexibly
- The icemaker connects with the filtered water source and thus there is no need to refill the ice trays.
What do we don’t like about the Frigidaire FFHD2250TS refrigerator?
- The stainless steel exteriors of the fridge are not smudge-proof
- The interior temperatures seem to fluctuate.
Must check: Best Refrigerators for Basement
#5. Samsung RF24R7201SG French Door Refrigerator – Most Trustable
|Controls and functionality||9.2|
|Value for money||9.3|
This is an elegantly designed refrigerator from Samsung that features a modern door dispenser polished doors and sleek handles. The flex zone drawers in this refrigerator help in keeping and organizing different varieties of food items. It’s adjusting shelves are of the slide-in or flip-up types and the refrigerator also features a sleek and built-in lock system. The Flexzone features help the users to convert from freezer to refrigerator and vice versa to meet the unique needs of the users.
The exteriors of this refrigerator are made of stainless steel and they feature a fingerprint-resistant finish, that helps to reduce smudges on the doors of the fridge. The best feature of this refrigerator is that it is enabled with Wi-Fi and Bixby and thus, we can use our smartphones to control the temperature in this refrigerator also monitor it remotely. The flush mount design of the appliance makes it panel-ready and it blends with the existing cabinetry of the kitchen seamlessly. Its stainless steel interior back panel with metal cooling technology helps in maintaining a consistent temperature and also helps absorb odor.
Apart from being Wi-Fi enables, the refrigerator also has remote view cameras, and thus we can view what is inside the refrigerator directly from the mobile device. There is a dedicated chef pantry drawer with separate controls that allows setting between three different temperatures. The framed LED lighting is efficient and helps in clearly viewing the interiors.
What do we like about the Samsung RF24R7201SG refrigerator?
- There is an internal water dispenser for fresh-tasting water within easy access.
- Twin cooling system maintains high-level refrigerator humidity and helps keep fruits and vegetables fresher for a longer time
- Precise chef cooling controls help keep temperature fluctuations at a minimum.
- Most efficient energy star-rated appliance.
What do we don’t like about the Samsung RF24R7201SG refrigerator?
- The appliance is quite loud.
Also check: What Is the Best Single Door Refrigerator?
Why Should You Consider Buying French Door Refrigerators?
When it comes to refrigerators, there are ample options available for people. But a French door refrigerator is superior to all other cooling units in many ways. Let us discuss the unique advantages of these appliances.
1. Easy Access: These appliances have two doors with central handles and are thus very practical in rendering great access to the users. They also have a lot of internal storage options such as vegetable crispers, bottle holders, drawers, etc. The design of these units serves highly practical for modern homes.
2. Aesthetics: These appliances look great in the kitchen if there is space to accommodate them. Many of them blend with the existing cabinetry, escalating the kitchen aesthetics to many folds. They are made of smudge-proof stainless steel and feature clean and attractive finishes. These appliances are popular with buyers who are looking for stylish equipment for the home.
3. Efficient: Fresh door refrigerators are generally energy-efficient compared with other types of refrigerators, mainly because of the configuration of the doors. If anything needs to be taken from the refrigerator, it can be done by opening one of the doors. There is no need to open both the doors and let more cold air out.
4. Food preservation: The appliance maintains food at excellent temperatures and thus prevents the growth of bacteria on them. Food is kept fresh for consumption and some of these appliances have high customization options to fix the temperature ratings of different compartments.
5. Safe: These appliances are very safe for homes with small children. They have door alarms and door locks and are hard for children to open as their handles are high up. These high-level safety options offer absolute peace of mind for parents with toddlers.
The French door refrigerator is highly efficient in all ways and the configuration of the door helps with excellent energy efficiency. This will help to keep the energy bills low. They are thus pocket-friendly, easy to use, and are environmentally friendly as well. The ability of some refrigerators to connect with the WiFi is next-gen technological innovation. It is high time that you complement your kitchen with these high-end appliances. And the best way to do so is by picking one of the best french door refrigerators of 2021.