Ice makers can be a quality addition to your home if you are in constant need of ice to chill your drinks, food and if you in a need to keep your frozen food chilled for a long time. These small kitchen countertop additions are capable of producing a large volume of ice cubes in your desired shape so that you get innovative with how best you chill your drinks and that of your guests. These machines are portable, they are lightweight, attractive and can produce large volumes of ice in minutes. Almost all of them are automatic as well and reminds you to scoop out the cubes when they are ready.
If you feel you need an ice maker for your home, or RV or restaurant, there are several options available. We have listed the best ice makers here for your review and to help you aid in your buying decision.
Table of Contents
List of Best Ice Makers 2021
|Product Name||Daily Ice Making Capacity||Image||Price|
|#1. HOmeLabs Portable Ice Maker||26 lbs||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#2. HOmeLabs Freestanding Commercial Ice Maker||99 lbs||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#3. IKICH Portable Countertop Ice Maker||26 lbs||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#4. COSTWAY Portable Ice Maker||26 lbs||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#5. Euhomy Commercial Ice Maker Machine||100 lbs||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#6. GE Profile Opal Ice Maker||24 lbs||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#7. Igloo ICEB26WH Automatic Ice Machine||26 lbs||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#8. Costway 24525US-CYEP Countertop Ice Machine||48 lbs||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#9. NewAir Portable Ice Maker||28 lbs||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#10. Vremi Countertop Ice Maker||26 lbs||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Related: Top 5 Best Ice Makers Under $500
Top 10 Best Ice Maker Reviews 2021
HomeLabs ice maker machine quietly and quickly produces ice for your fresh drinks and serves as one of the fast-acting and portable solutions to prepare fast forward ice. It serves as the best solution for poolside refreshments for your family parties and parties with friends. Being designed with speed and efficiency in mind, this ice maker machine produces cylindrical ice cubes for immediate use. This ice maker machine serves as a unique and quiet solution to chill drinks and food.
This ice maker machine produces about 1.5 lbs. of ice in just 6 to 8 minutes. It can produce about 26 lbs. of ice in a day. It chunks out small bullet-shaped ice cubes that are soft and chewable.
- Warning lights and automatic shut off function available to alert users
- ETL certified electric ice maker
- Compact and mighty addition to the kitchen.
- It can keep the ice cubes frozen for a long time.
Check out: Best Portable Ice Maker Under $200
This intense ice-making machine is capable of producing up to 99 pounds of ice in 24 hours and it can make about 45 pieces of clear ice in one cycle, that spans for just 11 minutes. Its freestanding design helps you to install this icemaker, practically anywhere, in your kitchen, restaurant, pantry, etc. It does require a connection with a water supply hose and a draining hose.
Its 1.2L water tank hook can connect directly with a water supply, preferably a potable water supply. The intuitive control panels and indicators of this ice making machine help with different sizes of ice cubes, to chill different types of food items. You will also benefit from its automatic cleaning function.
- The product has a year warranty and free return and exchange up to 30 days.
- Excellent ice maker for home and business
- Forms bigger ice cubes that might not suit water bottles.
Must Check: Best Commercial Ice Makers
This ice maker machine works pretty fast and makes quick ice is just less than 7 minutes. This machine chunks out 9 pieces of delicious and chewable bullet-shaped ice per cycle. You take to get about 26 pounds of ice in 24 hours with only 2 liters of water in this machine. Being a quiet and an energy-efficient machine, it helps with fast cooling with low energy consumption. It makes use of an R600a refrigerant for its cooling function. Its compact design requires very little space in the countertop and works extremely quiet to not annoy the house inmates and the guests. The indicators on its smart control panels warn when the ice tray is full, when the machine runs out of the water and when it is time to drain the unit.
- Easy to use and clean ice maker without complex installation process.
- Possible to make ice in two different sizes
- It comes with ice scoop and basket, along with 2 years’ warranty.
- The machine requires 4-6 hours of standalone time after shifting it to help settle the refrigerant.
Check out: Best Countertop Ice Makers
This countertop ice maker is small, efficient, and occupies less space in your kitchen countertop. They are perfect for small parties in the home, at the poolside, and on the lawn. this machine is known for efficient and fast ice-making and is equipped with a corrosion-resistant condenser, high power compressor, R134a refrigerant, and a large water tank. It operates pretty quiet and is extremely energy efficient. You can get about 8 bullet-shaped ice cubes.
Its small indicators and an intuitive control panel with reminding you to remove the ice cubes and when the system runs out of water. its large transparent window ensures to view the status of ice cubes inside the machine.
- Produces soft and chewable ice cubes that melt instantly in the mouth
- ETL certified ice cubes to render healthy ice cubes
- Easy to clean and drain with a drain plug at the bottom.
- It requires periodic cleaning and maintenance to prevent the accumulation of dirt.
The Euhomy Freestanding ice maker is a versatile and reliable ice maker that is capable of producing at least 100 lbs. of ice a day. You can remove the ice from its 33 lbs. self-contained storage bin. This ice maker machine comprises an LCD control panel which helps with easy operation. The control panel gives warning on power, cleaning functions, delays, etc. This commercial ice-making machine from Euhomy comes with a complete set of accessories to help with easy and hassle-free ice making. The ice maker machine runs on standard household current and requires a drain and water supply.
This strong and durable ice maker machine is made up of stainless steel. It’s easy to access doors slices up and out and this machine has an energy certificate to produce energy-efficient ice. It also runs slow at very low noise, making it comfortable to make ice cubes.
- Connect with the water supply directly to produce about 100 pounds of ice a day.
- Upgraded ice window with a flip cover design
- A powerful compressor that is energy efficient and prepares ice in low noise.
- Approved for commercial use and its functionality is limited for home use.
Must Check: Best Undercounter Ice Machines
This is an elegant countertop ice maker that is capable of producing quick ice within just 20 minutes. It chunks out soft and chewable ice that is of restaurant quality within ten minutes. Its bin is capable of holding up to 3 lbs. of ice at any time, and you will thus never go short of ice at your parties. As this ice maker is equipped with Bluetooth, it is possible to set up the ice making schedule at the comforts of one’s phone with the help of the GE opal app.
Its smart sensor technology ensures to stop producing ice when the bin gets full. If you are not scooping out the ice, it melts and gets back to the reservoir and recycle to fresh ice. This machine is available in plastic and stainless steel body.
- A portable ice maker that requires no water hookup.
- Compact size and powerful design to chunk out huge volumes of ice bullets.
- This ice maker machine squeals all the time and can be very loud.
This is an elegant and compact ice maker for the home that has been designed with convenience in mind. This ice maker machine is extremely portable, compact, and convenient and has a retro look, to suit kitchens of all types. This ice maker machine has a large ice-making capacity, up to 26 pounds of ice in just 24 hours. You can thus have a constant supply of cold drinks all through the day, in hot and humid weather. The storage capacity of this machine can stock up to 2 pounds of ice at a given time.
The Igloo ice maker machine makes up to 9 cylindrical ie cubes in less than 7 minutes. Make the best use of its simple and intuitive control panel that intimates when the machine runs out of the water, when the basket gets full and when it is time to remove the ice cubes. You can keep on track of what is happening within the ice maker machine, with 6the help of its large transparent lid.
- Makes ice cubes in two different sizes in no time.
- Quiet and silent operation, even if it is made to run throughout the day.
- Ice is very soft and melts sooner than anticipated.
Check out: Best Igloo Ice Makers
Want to chill your drinks with transparent and cubical ice units? Then the Costway countertop automatic ice vending machine should be your choice. Apart from home use, these are exceptional ice makers for restaurants, bars, and shops as well. Being portable and powerful ice makes, it meets the demands of the users perfectly. Its superior compressor ensures that low power is consumed during ice production. It can chunk out about 48 lbs. of ice is 24 hours.
One best feature of this machine is that it runs without much noise. Its intelligent LCD has several warning symbols to remind when there is a lack of water or when the ice basket is full. Its stainless steel finish renders it a glossy surface and finishes exceptional durability.
- You can remove ice easily from the ice basket with the help of a scoop.
- Self-cleaning functions to get the interiors clean.
- The cost of the machine is a little high than its counterparts.
This is a mini ice maker that suits even the smallest of kitchens perfectly. It is an excellent addition for boars, RVs, and bars as well. Being a compact ice maker machine, it features a beautiful design and comes in a vibrant and glossy black color and finish. It is also pretty much simple to set up and chunks our fresh ice in only 15 minutes.
This ice maker can be an excellent addition for your parties and there are options to make ice cubes in three different sizes. It can chunk out 28 pounds of ice in a day, from its sleek design. It is also portable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Its side mounting drain helps in easy cleanup
- Produces ice in less than 6 minutes.
- The metal components of these ice makers leave off flakes on the ice, making them inedible.
Gets ice cubes ready in less than 9 minutes for water bottles, drinks, and to cool frozen food items. It is quick enough to produce 9 chewable delicious ice cubes in less than 10 minutes. It can produce about 26 lbs. of ice cubes in 24 hours, each weighing 8 grams. It does not require a water hookup and is thus perfect for outdoor parties, barbeques, basement bars, etc.
Its intuitive controls have an automatic shut off feature when the ice basket gets full. It also intimates when the unit runs out of water.
- Reuses melted ice to make fresh ice bullets
- One-year warranty and 30 days’ free return policy.
- Operates very loud.
Top Ice Maker Buying Guide
What is an Ice Maker?
An Ice Maker is usually referred to as a stand-alone appliance that is used to make ice. It can also be called an Ice Machine. For an ice maker to work, all it needs is a power supply and water supply. It is usually a compact and easy-to-store device.
There are two types of ice makers that are available today. One is the portable ice maker which is great for domestic use and entertainment. The second one is the commercial ice maker which has been designed for commercial uses to make pounds of ice in very less time. These usually tend to take up more space than the portable ones.
Top 5 Reasons Why You Must Buy an Ice Maker
Having an ice maker usually comes in handy at a home where there is a large requirement of ice all day long. Typically in hotter regions, people might require ice all day and in large quantities. A refrigerator freezer may lag behind in providing ample ice in such a condition. Here are the top five reasons as to why you need to buy a quality Ice Maker.
- Great for big parties: An ice maker is a great help when it comes to having a big party at home. Guests need ice cubes for the drinks all the time. Also, it can be used to keep the drink bottles and plates of food cold for long. Having a large number of ice cubes prepared at once and again whenever needed becomes easy with the help of an ice maker.
- Eliminates the ice trays: In summers, refilling the ice trays manually is certainly a botheration. But with an ice maker, you don’t need any manual work for ice. All you need is an electricity connection and a water connection plumbed into the ice maker for fresh water supply. You don’t need to go around filling ice trays all day.
- Makes space in the freezer: People who need ice cubes all day long usually end up having their freezer stuffed. This reduces the space for other items that need to be kept in the freezer. If you have an ice maker, this problem is eliminated and you can make space in the freezer for your other items rather than just ice.
- Great for office use: A good ice maker is great for office use. They can be placed in conjunction with a water cooler or a beverage counter so that employees can help themselves with ice cubes whenever they want. It can be used to cool water and beverages and becomes easy for the employees to reach for one.
- Great for camping and outdoors: Heading for a camping trip or a long picnic? Take a good portable ice maker with you and you will never fall short of ice and cold drinks. Not only can you use it for ice cubes, but it can be used to carry cold drinks and freeze food and keeping them cool for long.
Factors to Consider Before Buying an Ice Maker
Before buying a quality ice maker for your home, you need to take into consideration the following mentioned points.
- Type of Ice required: Different types of Ice makers make a different type of ice shapes. While some shapes are suited for cold drinks, some are suited for medical care and some may be suited for cold storage. Depending upon the type of ice you will be requiring, you need to choose the ice maker that offers the production of those ice shapes.
- Amount of Ice required: While buying an ice maker and determining its size, you need to examine as to how much ice you would be needing. For example, an ice tray works fine for people who often use 2-3 cubes for drinks and stuff. Whereas, people who often throw parties or out for an adventure now and then would need a quality sized ice maker.
- The purpose of an ice maker: Before buying an ice maker, you need to decide for what purpose will you be using the ice-maker the most. This refers to uses apart from producing ice. For example, if you need an ice maker to keep drink bottles or food, you will need to choose an ice maker accordingly.
- Water filters: It is always recommended to buy an ice maker that has a water filter installed. The water filter filters the incoming water and produces better-tasting ice. This not only makes quality ice but also increases the ice production and keeps the machine free from mineral build-up.
- Portable: If you are buying ice for domestic uses, it must be made sure that the ice maker is portable and compact. Since at home, you wouldn’t want your ice maker to take up a large amount of space, it is advisable to look for a compact and portable option, so that it can be used outdoors too, when required.
Having a quality ice maker is something someone will never regret, especially the ones who require large amounts of ice during day and night. The best thing about all of these ice makers is that they are very easy to use and are portable. You don’t need special technical expertise to be able to operate these ice maker machines.
They are simple plug-in appliances and come with simple push in buttons and light indicators which are labeled. Since they are compact and portable, they can be used for outdoor pool parties, a camping trip, an open garden party, etc. without a thought. A large number of ice cubes can be easily made with the help of an ice maker machine.
With a large number of types to choose from, you can choose the ice maker which is convenient for you and meets all your needs. Just plug-in, add water, and there you go. Ice making was never this easy!