If you are running a business and have a huge requirement of ice, as your customers have become fans of your iced drinks, then it is pertinent that you should invest in a freestanding commercial ice maker from hOmeLabs. The HomeLabs Freestanding ice maker machine is capable of making impressive volumes of ice, and we can state that it is indeed a large rectangular box that is filled with ice cubes. Let us discuss the specifications and the unique features of this appliance in detail here.
hOmeLabs Freestanding Commercial Ice Maker Review
|Size||143 Pounds Capacity|
|Type||Freestanding , Countertop|
Specifications of the HomeLabs Freestanding Commercial Ice Maker
- Color: gray and black
- Appliance dimensions in inches: 17.6 x 15.7 x 31.4 inches
- Intelligent indicators and LCD
- Ice production capacity: 143 pounds in a day
- Ice cycle: spans for 11- 20 minutes
- Chunks out 45 pieces of clear cube ice in every ice cycle
- Connects to cold water supply and gravity-fed drain hose
- Power consumption: 300 watts
- Item weight: 63.7 pounds
- Freestanding design
- Voltage: 115V/ 60 Hz
- Comes with an ice scoop, drain hose, and water connection pipe
Related Review: HOmeLabs Chill Pill Countertop Ice Maker Review
Overview of the HomeLabs Freestanding Ice Maker
As this appliance features a freestanding design, it can be installed anywhere inside the home, restaurant, or pantry. But caution has to be exerted in ensuring that there is a working water outlet just near the unit. This appliance forms high-quality ice cubes at the dimension of 17.6 x 15.7 x 31.4 inches. The ice cubes that are formed in this appliance are clear and chills any drink efficiently, without altering its taste and texture. The appliance features rust-resistant stainless steel interiors that come with a complete set of accessories, that includes an ice scoop, water supply hose, and a water supply connector, along with a huge draining hose.
The appliance features a large 1.3Lwater tank that connects directly with the water supply with the help of a hook. Thus, there is no need to keep filling its water tank and you only have to connect the appliance with a potable water supply, preferably a cool water supply, to form ice efficiently. This appliance can be conveniently used in hotels, restaurants, and big households that require a large and constant supply of ice. But before its first use, the ice machine should be cleaned and kept in an upright position for about 24 hours.
Unique Features of the HomeLabs Freestanding Ice Maker Appliance
This is an excellent commercial ice maker, that is always available when one requires it. The appliance is capable of producing about 143 pounds of ice in a day for 24 hours and is capable of quickly forming about 66 pieces of clear ice in one ice cycle. The span of its ice cycle is about 11 to 20 minutes. The ice storage bin of this commercial ice maker can store about 29 pounds of ice in a day and can store ice for a decent gathering at any time. The other unique features of this commercial ice maker are as follows.
1. Intuitive controls:
This ice maker appliance is built with easy to use intuitive controls with an elegant control panel and LCD indicators for displaying the water and ice making functions. by adjusting the controls of this panel, it is possible to control the time of the ice cycle and the thickness of the ice cubes. Also, this appliance is fitted with an automatic cleaning function, that can be initiated by a long press on the timer icon.
2. Makes ice for a huge crowd:
The HomeLabs commercial ice machine is capable of producing large volumes of ice on demand. Within the first 11 to 20 minutes’ ice cycle, this appliance can produce about 66 square ice cubes. Thus, it is capable of producing about 143 lbs. of ice in a day. Also, the appliance features a large storage cabinet, that is capable of stocking about 29 pounds of ice on hand at a time.
Check out: Top 10 Best Ice Makers 2021
3. Ready to connect feature:
The HomeLabs commercial ice-making appliance comes with all the accessories to produce ice, right out of the box. After the 24 hours wait time, as the item is juggled in shipping, the user has to connect the water supply pipe, attach the drain hose and plug in the power cord to help the appliance from functioning efficiently.
Getting Started with the Ice Maker Appliance
This is an expert ice maker appliance that is pretty easy to use. Getting started is easy and is given in the user manual.
- Users should first plug in the appliance and wait for the On/Off icon to flash at the display window.
- Then press the On/off button present at the control panel and the ice machine will then start to make ice cubes by filling water in its water tank.
- When the water reaches the standard mark at the water tank the ice production cycle starts.
- The electromagnetic water valve will aid in the water filling process.
- The symbol on the display will change to a solid light, and the ice cube symbol will start to rotate.
- The thickness of the ice cubes can be adjusted by pressing the + or the – icon available on the control panel.
- The number that is displayed at the bottom of the display corresponds to the time setting of the ice-making process.
- To form thick ice cubes, press the + icon so that one minute will to added and the resulting ice cubes will be thicker than expected.
- Similarly, pressing the ‘- ‘button will reduce one minute on the ice-making cycle, and the resultant ice cubes will be thinner.
HomeLabs Freestanding Commercial Ice Maker Maintenance Instructions
Cleaning and maintaining this appliance is pretty easy and simple. The appliance is approved only for indoor use, and the ice maker has to be kept upright for the first 24 hours before plugging in to use. The appliance should be connected to a clean and potable water supply. It is important to clean the machine before first use, and it has to be unplugged before initiating the cleaning cycle. It is also important to clean it after periods of inactivity. After rinsing and cleaning the appliance thoroughly, it has to be dried completely. The manual can be consulted for care and cleaning instructions.
- Features a large storage bin that is capable of storing about 29 pounds of ice at a time
- Easy to install and features a free-standing design.
- The appliance is extremely quiet when it is running and only the compressor can be heard during the ice cycle.
- The appliance makes high-quality and fast ice and produces a fresh batch of ice every 10 minutes.
- Intense ice maker with commercial-grade ice-making capability.
- The ice melts quickly in its storage bin
- If the ice is not being used, it will be emptied into the drain
This ice maker appliance can fit in any kitchen décor and works efficiently, like that of an industrial-grade appliance. It is the most elegant ice maker as well and has front ventilation. Thus you can have it either as a freestanding appliance, or build it perfectly into the kitchen cabinets. In short, this is a typical ice maker appliance for an industrial kitchen or a business environment. But this appliance is strictly for indoor use, to not void the warranty.