Establishments of the food and beverage industry, with a strong desire to serve your customers with uninterrupted cool drinks, should choose Northair commercial ice maker. This portable ice maker is a compact select for your bar, café, restaurant, party gathering, etc.
The Northair renders a premium look with a stainless steel exterior and contrasting back lid. Made chiefly for commercial purposes, this ice maker makes 100lbs of ice in 24 hours.
Production of 45 pieces of ice per cycle is ample for any industrial kitchen. The Northair delivers continuous and quick ice cubes with the unceasing supply of fresh and clean ice handy. The portable ice maker takes little space in your commercial arena.
Northair Commercial Ice Maker Review 2021
|Easy to use||8.7|
|Easy to clean||8.8|
|Value for money||9.4|
Opinion by Sara Wilson
Northair HZB-45 is an excellent machine with complete value for money. Although I would not recommend it for very busy restaurants. It’s a compact machine, so small restaurants and businesses will be best beneficial.
|Ice Production Time||12 – 20 Minutes / Batch|
|Daily Ice Making Capacity||100 LBS|
|Storage Capacity||33 LBS|
|Ice Per Cycle||45 cubes|
Check out: Best Commercial Ice Makers
Northair HZB-45 Features
The Northair commercial ice maker makes continuous ice and renders exceptional production capability. The outstanding quality and state-of-the-art technology help you gain terrific ice. The operation is simple and easy to get started. Northair offers extraordinary service with its remarkable features. Here are a few marvellous features of the Northair commercial ice maker.
- Automatic LED and multi-function control: The Ice maker possesses an Automatic control panel. Several functions reside with different buttons. Some of the operations are auto clean, on/off, and time setting. The only chore of the user is to install the pipe for the water inlet. Another encouraging feature is the adjustment of ice cube thickness and ice making time. The above-said is made possible by pressing the + or – buttons.
- Comes with a complete set of accessories: The ice maker arrives with a full kit of accessories. Few accessories include a water supply hose pipe, ice scoops, and a water draining hose.
- Fast ice-making: The instant ice-making machine delivers 45 ice cubes per cycle in 18 minutes. Bars and restaurants are sure to offer 800 cups of cold drinks per day.
- Latest Top-Quality Product: The stainless steel made of the body averts rusting of the product and offers long life. The adjustable feet are an added feature that protects the machine from water, humidity from the ground.
- State-of-the-art built-in lights: You guarantee yourself by maintaining fresh and clean ice for your business or home with the built-in Nano blue light. The dazzling blue light offers an aesthetic look with hygiene.
- Stainless steel construction: The ice-maker comes in a sleek design built with durable steel. Customers believe the life of the product as it’s enduring, sturdy, and works long life.
Outline of Northair HZB-45 Ice Maker
The Northair ice-maker is a compact model for easy installation anywhere in your home, restaurant, or Pantry. The free-standing ice-maker is convenient and user-friendly with simple operations. Since the appliance is a free-standing one, customers install it as per their decision provided with a drain and water supply.
Advanced core technologies are additives in the appliance. The automatic LCD control panel helps in the easy ice making process. The LCD panel shows instructions regarding adding water, cleaning, and ice full. A few of them are self-clean, foamed insulation, digital control, time reservation, energy-saving, blue light, powerful compressor, etc.
The ergonomic and trendy design offers a stylish look to your bar or café it stands. The capacity to make remarkable volumes of ice is an adding factor for the success of the business.
There are no complicated buttons, and hence malfunctioning never happens. They are an exclusive choice for applications such as a pantry, supermarkets, coffee shops, bars, hotels, bakeries, cool drink shops, etc. The astounding space saver appliance renders powerful performance with ample storage.
This automatic ice maker makes 100lbs of ice by 24 hours with a standard size perfect for water bottler openings and mixed drinks. The microcrystalline foaming technology is a promising feature where ice cubes preservation takes place at a lower temperature for a long time. The ice maker comes with a powerful compressor that delivers appropriate refrigeration capacity.
The product comes with all accessories that are ready to use instantly. The delivery comes with a connection hose, ice scoop, drain pipe, and instruction manual. Before first use, make sure to keep the appliance upright for 24 hours. The user only needs to connect to the water supply, fix the drain hose, and plug into the switch.
The user needs to fix the pipe as all other operations are automatic. Customers are happy with the effortless cleaning and low maintenance feature of the product.
Must Check: Best Ice Makers in the Market
Pros & Cons of Northair HZB-45
What do we like about Northair HZB-45?
- The free-standing application helps you place the device anywhere you wish.
- Compact and portable with generous storage of ice. The sleek design takes very little space in your arena.
- Quick ice production beneficial and quiet cooling system.
- Easy water filling and draining with digital controls available
- Ice maker programmed with advanced core technologies.
- Guarantees in making 100lbs ice for 24 hours. The perfect choice for a small business.
- Easy operations with use-friendly LCD operations are convenient for peak-hour schedules.
- The viewing window is large for better visibility and convenient access to ice.
What do we don’t like about Northair HZB-45?
- Regular cleaning and maintenance are vital.
- It is best to use ice within 48 hours, while otherwise, the ice melts.
- Not advisable for outdoor events.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a different plug or power supply to connect my ice maker?
The Northair ice maker uses the usual power supply of 115V. There is no need for a variable plug or power supply.
How do I clean my Northair ice maker?
Periodic cleaning of the ice maker results in productive operation. The user manual has all instructions regarding cleaning. These are a few primary cleaning steps for your ice maker.
1. Remove the ice basket.
2. Clean the interior of the ice maker with a mild cleaning solution and a soft cloth. Do the same with the exterior surfaces too.
3. Use a soft cloth for drying the interior as well as the exterior.
Can I run the appliance continuously?
You can run them continuously as they do not damage the unit. But make sure the ice maker has enough water for continuous ice making.
What is the ice-making capacity of this commercial ice maker? Will it be suitable for my restaurant business?
Yes, this commercial ice maker is great for making large volumes of ice for restaurants, bars, coffee shops, hotels, and eateries. This appliance is capable of forming about 100 lbs in ice in 24 hours and has a huge storage capacity of 33 lbs. of ice at a single time. Its freestanding design makes it an ideal appliance for restaurants.
What is the size of the ice cubes that are formed in this appliance?
This commercial ice maker appliance makes standard ice cubes that are in the size of 0.9 *0.9 *0.9 inches. These ice cubes are thus perfect for making mixed drinks and for chilling water in the bottles, as they can enter small water bottle openings easily.
How does the LCD control panel help in the ice making process?
This ice maker appliance features a multi-function automatic control LCD smart panel that helps the users to add water, adjust the timer of the ice-making cycle, and also indicates when the ice level is full and when it is time to clean the appliance. You can also adjust the thickness of the ice cubes that are formed in this appliance by pressing the + and the – buttons on the control panel.
Is this appliance energy efficient?
This ice maker appliance is equipped with a powerful 300W compressor to cool, which helps in saving on the energy bills and also helps in optimizing the water usage rate to about 99%.
Can I install this appliance under the counter?
Yes, you can have this ice maker appliance either as a freestanding installation or built-in under the counter. But make sure that the dimensions of the ice maker coincide with the dimensions of the counter. The dimensions of this ice maker are 17.6 * 15.7 * 31.4 inches.
Should I have a water outlet near the appliance?
The ice maker appliance features a space saver design and is powered with adequate storage and ambient performance. But you have to make sure that there is a water outlet near the unit so that the wastewater drains off the unit exceptionally well.
Does this appliance come with all the required accessories?
Yes, this appliance comes with the complete set of accessories for using it right out of the box, however, a 24 hours wait time is required to settle the refrigerant. The appliance comes with an ice shovel for transferring the ice, a water connector hose, and a drain hose.
Is this ice maker appliance height adjustable?
Yes, this appliance has an adjusting foot, that elevates the appliance to at least two inches above the ground, this helps in keeping the appliance away from water and humidity on the ground.
What are the installation instructions that come with the Northair commercial ice maker?
This appliance has to be kept upright for at least 24 hours before the first use and it is strongly recommended to clean the appliance thoroughly before the first time use. for personal safety, make sure that this appliance is grounded properly and is connected with a power supply cord with a grounding plug. It is also suggested to discard the ice cubes that are formed in the first ice cycle.
Does this appliance maintain the ice cubes frozen for a long time?
If the appliance is left on, and if the ice bin gets filled, the appliance will shut off and the ice melts. After the ice melts it forms more ice. With the microcrystalline foam technology of this ice maker appliance, the ice cubes will be kept at a low temperature for a long time, but it is recommended that the ice cubes are transferred to the freezer to preserve them for future use.
Does this appliance make a lot of noise and disturb my customers?
No, this appliance is equipped with a powerful compressor that renders it an excellent ice production capability and it also does this pretty quietly. The ice maker emits only 38 dB of running sound, thus helping with a comfortable ice-making experience.
Alternatives of Northair HZB-45
These are some great alternatives of Northair HZB-45 that come at a similar price range and with similar or better features.
Beverage businesses and café know that customer satisfaction is their success. The Northair commercial ice maker makes sure to deliver with abundant ice, so never worry about running out of ice. The brand is a sophisticated ice maker present today with overall capacity performance and exclusive features.
With friendly use and price point, the Northair HZB-45 commercial ice maker is one of the best units available in the market today. The appliance is a perfect choice for industrial kitchens or large families. This dedicated ice-producing appliance renders success to your business for sure.