Sonic ice is an indispensable part of many households even today and has retained the hype that has been created around it a long time back. Sonic ice cubes are as hard as a rock, but still, render all the cooling qualities of traditional ice. But can we rely on just the refrigerator for the supply of fresh ice every time? The only alternative that comes to our assistance is the ice maker appliance, which renders a good supply of ice on demand at all times. The Scotsman Brilliance sonic ice machine is an excellent appliance that forms high-quality sonic ice for households and small cafes and restaurants.
- Scotsman Brilliance Sonic Ice Machine Review 2021
- FAQ for the Scotsman Sonic Ice Machine
- Pros & Cons of Scotsman SCN60GA-1SS Ice Machine
- Bottom Line
Scotsman Brilliance Sonic Ice Machine Review 2021
Specifications of the Scotsman Ice Machine
- Dimensions of the ice machine:
- Width: 12 7/8 inches
- Depth: 22 ¾ inches
- Height: 33 7/8 inches
- Ice producing capacity: 80 pounds
- Ice storage capacity: 26 lbs.
- Automatic defrosting system
- Types of ice cubes: Nugget ice
- Hinge direction: Right side
- Color and material: Stainless steel
- Outdoor machine with gravity drain
- Reversible doors
- 10-year warranty on major components.
Unique Features of the Scotsman Brilliance Sonic Ice Machine
Scotsman proudly introduces the Brilliance collection of ice machines and residences. The appliance is extremely convenient and is stylish and these compact models are great for indoors, outdoors, and whenever it is the occasion to enjoy high-quality ice. The following are some of the key unique and eye-turning features of the Scotsman ice machine.
- Features a cabinet width of 15 inches and is capable of producing over 80 pounds of nugget ice in 24 hours.
- The appliance is capable of storing about 26 pounds of nugget ice that is soft, chewable, and flavor friendly.
- The appliance makes use of 40% less energy and makes uses of 50% less water than other traditional ice machines.
- Features a sleek new styling and can blend perfectly with the surrounding cabinetry in the home, enhancing the aesthetics of the home to many folds.
- Available in stainless, white, and also black front panel kits and we can choose the front panel to suit our home décor.
- One of the best features of this appliance is that it is approved for outdoor use and can be comfortably placed in the outdoor restaurant or at a party in the garage.
- The freestanding ice maker machine features a lighted bin and a self-closing door.
- Its user-friendly control panel keeps the users alerted on the no-water condition, when the ice is ready, and when it is time to clean the appliance.
About the Scotsman Ice Machine
In the industry of ice machines, Scotsman Brilliance has a legendary reputation among the ice suppliers and users. The appliance is the forerunner in the sonic style ice cubes and is a preferred choice in several households. Being the world’s leading ice manufacturer, it thoroughly understands that ice is critical for so many businesses. It has innovated more than 300 models of ice bins, machines, and dispensers and combines reliability, efficiency, and ease of maintenance to produced high quality and advanced sonic ice cubes.
This is a standalone or freestanding ice maker and is not suitable for installation under the counter or countertop placement. But the appliance is perfect for producing some of the best chewable ice for all occasions. Many new mothers use the sonic ice formed in this ice maker to relieve the curiosity of their teething toddlers.
Being a freestanding unit, it has to be installed where there is access to the waterline and the drain. Though it takes a little effort to set up, this will prevent the appliance from flooding out. apart from producing high-quality ice in abundant quantities, this ice machine will preserve the ice cubes for a long time, compared with other ice makers.
Related Review: Scotsman CU50PA-1A Undercounter Ice Maker Review
Ice Making Capacity of the Appliance
The appliance is capable of producing about 85 pounds of ice in 24 hours at a temperature of 70 degrees. At about 90 degrees’ temperature, the appliance is capable of producing about 60 pounds of ice. The formed ice gets stored in its storage bin and the capacity of this storage bin is about 26 pounds.
The nugget ice from this appliance is formed from compacted ice that is chewable and soft and is capable of absorbing the flavor of the beverage. They will thoroughly cool the drink, without altering its taste and without diluting it. The ice can be perfectly used for small babies during their teething and in a hospital set up to treat patients with bleeding gums and nose.
Check out: Best Sonic Nugget Ice Machines
Installation Guidelines of the Appliance
This ice maker has a large capacity and is capable of storing large volumes of ice. Though it has the required insulation to maintain the ice cubes frozen, there are chances that some of the formed ice will meltdown. This melted water will be let down its gravity drain. This gravity drain will pull the water downwards towards the floor drain.
Being a freestanding unit, it needs to be installed at a place where there is access to a water line and a drain. It is better to get the drains and water hose installed by a professional to prevent installation failure and to prevent flooding around the machine.
Check out: Best Commercial Ice Makers
FAQ for the Scotsman Sonic Ice Machine
The Scotsman ice machine has been rated to use as little as 1/5 of the amount of water compared to its competitors. This is indeed an efficient and energy-saving approach to make ice better than the competitors.
The ice machine forms small, soft, and chewable pellet style ice pieces that are quite famous in commercial food outlets. The nugget ice that is formed in this appliance is famous in food chains all over the world. The ice cubes can fit in any cup and container, regardless of the shape, and is capable of soaking up and absorbing the flavor of any liquid.
According to the recommendation by Scotsman, it is imperative to clean this ice machine once every 6 months. If you are living in hard water prone area, then it is better to clean the appliance every 3 to 4 months. There are indicators on the appliance that denotes the best time to clean them. Cleaning them frequently helps in extending the life of the appliance and maintaining the best quality ice production.
Pros & Cons of Scotsman SCN60GA-1SS Ice Machine
- The ice maker appliance has a huge and an enormous capacity
- Makes perfect chewable ice
- The insulated and refrigerated unit keeps the ice colder for a long time
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Makes efficient use of water
- Forms high-quality ice cubes.
- Complex installation, as it incurs the use of a drainage system.
- Produces a complex humming sound as it produces ice, which is greater than 55 dB.
- Requires periodic maintenance.
Scotsman is a trusted brand that manufactures ice quality ice cubes for home use. This ice machine under review forms high-quality nugget-style ice cubes for refreshments. The appliance makes efficient use of water and energy and operates quiet and efficient. This can be an excellent addition to any kitchen and delight homeowners.